Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator
Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator is the first pregnancy test that not only tells you if you are pregnant but also estimates the number of weeks since ovulation. This is the latest innovation in home pregnancy testing providing accurate, dependable results. Using two separate testing strips, this Advanced Pregnancy Test estimates how many weeks since ovulation (1-2 weeks, 2-3 weeks, 3+ weeks). With an easy-to-read digital display, you can rely on Clearblue to give you two essential answers.
Indications for use: The Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator is an over-the-counter urine hCG test which is intended for the detection of pregnancy. The test detects hCG in some cases from four days before the expected period.
This test is only intended for individual use at home. It is not intended for use in a healthcare setting.
This test contains a “Weeks Estimator.” It is meant solely as an estimate for the consumer and is not intended as a substitute for a doctor’s clinical diagnosis. The “Weeks Estimator” is not intended for multiple pregnancies. The estimate provided by the device may be inaccurate in these cases.
This test cannot be used to determine the duration of pregnancy or to monitor the progression of pregnancy. Your doctor determines how many weeks pregnant you are based on the first day of your last menstrual period and ultrasound results. This test provides an estimate that cannot be substituted for a doctor’s determination of gestational age. Only your doctor can provide a reliable estimate of gestational age and only your doctor can monitor pregnancy progression. You should seek qualified prenatal care if you suspect you are pregnant.
Benefits of Using Weeks Estimator
- The first pregnancy test that can estimate weeks since ovulation – gives you more information than available ever before
- Over 99% accurate at detecting pregnancy from the day of the expected period*
- The digital display uses words and numbers, taking away the confusion of interpreting lines at an emotional time
Comparison with How a Doctor May Date Pregnancy
The Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator is a breakthrough test that can give women helpful information to share with their healthcare provider.
When a pregnant woman comes into a doctor’s office, it’s very helpful if they know the date of their last menstrual period. Many women don’t know this information. Clearblue with Weeks Estimator allows a woman, if she’s pregnant, to estimate the number of weeks since ovulation. During ovulation, an egg is actually released to be fertilized. If it were to occur, fertilization would typically occur within 24 hours of ovulation.
How It Works
The Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator contains two measurement strips — a low-sensitivity strip and a high-sensitivity strip. These work together to detect pregnancy and to identify hCG levels (pregnancy hormones) to estimate the number of weeks since ovulation. The high-sensitivity strip detects low levels of hCG, expected in early pregnancy, and the low-sensitivity strip detects higher levels of hCG, typical when pregnancy is more than 3 weeks since ovulation.
An optical reader inside the test stick is used to measure the results lines and give you a simple, digital readout. If the test is positive, ‘Pregnant’ will be clearly indicated in words on the display along with an estimate of the number of weeks since ovulation: 1-2, 2-3 or 3+. Be sure to see your doctor if your result is positive or if you suspect you are pregnant.
Before You Begin
Please always read the instructions on pack and in the leaflet carefully before use.
Always use the first urine of the day to take the test.
Step 1 — Taking the Test
- Important: Throughout testing never hold the test stick with the Absorbent Tip pointing upwards.
- Place the Absorbent Tip poininting downwards in your urine stream for 5 seconds only. Take care not to get the rest of the test stick wet.
- Or you can instead collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container. Place the absorbent sampler pointing downwards in the urine for 20 seconds only.
- Replace the cap and lay the test stick flat.
Step 2 — Wait for the Result
- Once you’ve done the test, an Hour Glass ‘wait’ symbol will flash to show that the test is working.
Step 3 — See the Result within 3 Minutes
- Within 3 minutes, your final result will be displayed.
- It is possible for ‘Pregnant’ result to appear before the Weeks Estimator result. Continue to wait until the hour glass stops flashing to see your Weeks Estimator result.
Your result will remain on the display for 24 hours.
Pregnancy Testing Questions? Learn with Clearblue.
When Can I Test with Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator?
Clearblue recommends that you test from the day your period is expected. However, hCG increases rapidly in early pregnancy and Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test can be used to test up to 4 days before your expected period, which is 5 days sooner than waiting until you miss your period to test.** If you test before your expected period and get a ‘Not Pregnant’ result, there is still a chance that you may be pregnant. Some pregnancy tests that claim to be ultrasensitive (detecting pregnancy up to 6 days sooner) are consequently unable to deliver over 99% accuracy from the day of the expected period* (see product labeling of other tests for more information).
Can Any Medication or Medical Conditions Affect the Result?
Always read manufacturers’ instructions for any medication you are taking before testing.
- Fertility drugs containing hCG (such as Pregnyl and Profasi) can give misleading results. Testing with Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test too soon after administration may give a false ‘Pregnant’ result.
- If you have recently stopped using hormonal contraception or are using fertility therapies like Clomid, your periods may be irregular, leading you to test too soon.
- Ectopic pregnancy and ovarian cysts can give misleading results.
If you get unexpected results you should discuss them with your doctor.
How Accurate Is the Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator?
The new Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator is very accurate, providing trusted answers from the beginning of a woman’s pregnancy. Based on a wealth of clinical data, the Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator is more than 99% accurate at detecting pregnancy from the day of the expected period.* Like all home pregnancy tests, all results of the Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator should be confirmed by your doctor, especially when making decisions about future medical care.
*99% accurate at detecting typical pregnancy hormone levels. Note that hormone levels vary. See insert.
**In clinical testing with early pregnancy samples Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test gave the following results: 65% of pregnant women get results 5 days sooner, 90% get results 4 days sooner, 97% get results 3 days sooner, 98% get results 2 days sooner.
- The First and Only pregnancy test that also estimates how many weeks since ovulation.
- #1 OB/GYN choice and 84% of OB/GYNs agree Weeks Estimator offers helpful information to women detecting pregnancy.
- It’s like 2 Tests in 1!
- Tells you in words if you are pregnant or not.
- Results 5 days sooner.